Tailormade expertise at the AHK: The ExperTS-Program
The well-directed commitment of Integrated Experts through the Center for International Migration and Development (CIM)connects foreign trade promotion and German development cooperation in a profitable way. Goal of the ExperTS-Program is to strengthen the engagement and commitment of German industry in developing and newly industrialized countries in line with goals of development cooperation. Therefore, integrated experts are placed in German Chambers and Delegations of Industry and Commerce by CIM to deal with the topics renewable energy, technology transfer or vocational training. As staff members of German Chambers or Delegations of Industry and Commerce or bilateral industry associations they consult companies about cooperation opportunities with German development cooperation.
The ExperTS-Program is supported by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- We support in discovering new markets in developing and emerging markets;
- We consult about industry and export promotion programs of the BMZ and other German Ministries.
- We support you in your endeavors to strengthen the local economy and thus to sustainably develop activities in your partner country.
- We facilitate your contact to German development organizations like KfW Banking Group and its various subsidiaries,sequa gGmbH or the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Your link to German development cooperation
The Federal Government of Germany, the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi) and the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) offer numerous opportunities for German companies to facilitate their market entry and increase their engagement in countries in Sub-Sahara Africa.
In this context the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana (AHK Ghana) provides support in
- Identifying appropriate funding possibilities of the BMZ;
- Strengthening local markets contributing to their sustainable development;
- Contacting adequate stakeholders in German organizations dealing with economic cooperation and development, such as KfW Banking Group and its various subsidiaries, sequa gGmbH or the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Your contact in the German Delegation
Michael Neulinger manages the Delegation's Energy & Environment Desk with a focus on renewable energy, energy efficiency and environmental technologies.
With considerable market and stakeholder overview, quality consulting and hands-on services the Energy & Environment Desk is on the one hand the compass for German companies and institutions targeting the promising West African markets for sustainable technologies. On the other hand it provides a joint function for West African enterprises in their connection to Germany.
Special emphasis is put on
- Research and publication of detailed market studies, subsector analysis and the provision of individual fact-finding missions;
- Overview of existing and planned activities in the renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors;
- Contact to and overview of relevant stakeholders in the private, public, and institutional sphere;
- Measures to sensitize the target markets including match-making, workshops and trainings, representation at trade fairs;
- Support in acquiring adequate public and private project funding opportunities.